Monday, July 25, 2011

New addition to desert plant collection

My local garden center was recently selling Lithops, or living stones.  On an impulse I bought one and brought it home.

While I am definitely not regretting my purchase, I do wish I has done some research before bringing it home.  As it turns out Lithops are from an area that has four distinct seasons, instead of the two you usually have to worry about when it comes to desert cacti and succulents.  Each season has different requirements for the plant and those need to be met to have a happy living rock.

I think it probably goes without saying, but this may turn horrific rather soon.  I'm going to do my best to keep him happy, but I think this may involve a learning curve. I'm really hoping this website http://www.lithops.info/ really helps, it does look pretty legit.





No comments:

Post a Comment