Saturday, July 30, 2011

Desert collection

My collection of desert plant has recently expanded.  My local wal-mart just got in a new shipment of succulents and cacti, I know what you're thinking wal-mart's probably not the best place to buy plants.  The thing is they were cheap and had just arrived, plus they all looked pretty healthy and pest free.

I bought three new plants:

A larger Aloe Vera.  My baby aloe is taking a long time to grow and I kinda wanted a large one, I'm pretty impatient like that.














 Hen and chicks.  There was a beautiful hen and chicks plant that had burgundy tipped leaves.  It wasn't until I brought it home and re-potted that I discovered it had two 'chicks' already growing.










Echeveria 'black prince'. I already have two succulents that are echeveria, but this one really caught my eye.  I love the contrast between the incredibly dark tips and the light green center.







After this recent purchase I decided I must do one of two things, either stop getting plants or expand the area in which I keep my plants.  I'm leaning toward the second option, mostly because I have several plants that can be propagated very easily and I would like room for expansion there.  Also, there are a lot of cool plants I kind of have my eye on and  would rather not be forced to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment