Friday, September 9, 2011

Houseplant: I'll breathe for you if you breathe for me

I think it's hard sometimes for people to understand why houseplants are so important, but I have a perfect example of why I could never go back to living without them.

While I was away from my apartment for a week, I had my bedroom (where most of my plants reside) all closed up, the window was locked, the door was shut and there everything just sat for a week.  When I walked in to the apartment upon my return it kind of smelled like it had been closed up for a week, a slightly stale feeling in the air that made me want to immediately open a window no matter what the weather was doing outside.  But when I opened the bedroom door I got this waft of beautiful fresh air, there was nothing stale about it.  It was like I just stepped outside and was in a field of grass or a meadow or something, but the point is I had fresh air in a completely closed off room.  It smelled so beautiful and clean; it was truly eye opening as to what plants can really do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment