Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day

Today is a perfect day to pamper your greenies!

I know this is probably really weird to most people, but I like to pamper my plants.  I like dusting their leaves with a damp cloth, evening out the top of the soil, and yes even talking to them.  I enjoy admiring their beautiful leaves and telling them how pretty I think they are.  I used to pamper them with watering, but I've since learned that's not the best idea because I tend to pamper a little too much. 

I also take pictures of my plants to keep track of their growth and I root for them to get bigger (hehe get it..root).

I found today to be a perfect day to plant a philodendron cutting I had left in water a little too long.  He's now planted up in some soil and I'm sure he'll love it just as soon as he acclimates to soil.

Unfortunately where I live it's still too cold for my plants to go outside, otherwise I would treat my greenies to some nice warm sunshine.

What do you do for Earth Day? My dad always plants trees and I'd love to do that too, but I don't have a yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment