Monday, August 8, 2011

New Little Experiment

I have never had good luck with buying the dried beans, soaking them and then cooking with them.  For whatever reason it just never works out.  My most recent attempt is no exception.  I did soak more beans than I used (and ultimately threw away) and so a few beans sat in the colander for a day or so after I'd soaked them.  Then today when I went to throw them away I noticed that more than half the beans had started to sprout.  So I did what any normal person with a plant obsession would do...I planted them.  I took five small plastic pots and planted about a dozen of the best looking beans.

And so begins my scientific exploration of the best methods for food production and viable seed collection that will be necessary for the upcoming apocalypse or at least my inevitable poverty.

Updates to follow...of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment